This company is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. I am committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of my business is from repeat customers and referrals.
I would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in the industry.
Photography & Digital Art Certification Course
The University of Georgia 2006-2010
The University of Georgia
Track and Field 2009
Book Cover Image
I refuse to let you give up
by Lamarcus J. Hall M Ed.
The University of Georgia
2010 - 2016
Instructor of Photography
The University Of Georgia
Center for Continuing Education
2010 - Present
Pioneer Awards 2010-2012
White Linen Scholarship Gala-2012-2013
Athens Alumni National Pan-Hellenic Council, Inc.
College Resource Fair & Youth Step Show 2011 - 2012
Athens-Clarke County, Georgia
Bill Pickett Invitational Rodeo
Souvenir Program 2017(Published)
The Greatest Show on Dirt!
Photography Terms and Conditions
- Note on other photographers: Floyd Downer Photography should be regarded as the exclusive photographers during the contracted event from beginning to end. Floyd Downer Photography will only coordinate with or take instructions from the client or the client's designated coordinator. It will be the responsibility of the client or the client's coordinator to ensure that Floyd Downer Photography be allowed (without interruptions from other photographers) to take the assigned photographs. While other photography is expected and certainly allowed, we have a few strongly suggested restrictions and guidelines for behavior of other photographers.
With respect to the friends and family involved, our primary concern as hired professional photographers is to do the job as quickly, efficiently, and effectively as we can. We expect amateur photographers (family and friends) to be present and taking photos as a natural part of the event.
We have established a few guidelines that help to ensure that we deliver the best possible in photos for your event.
A. Other photographers must not interfere with the hired photographers during formal photo sessions.
B. Other photographers should not attempt to step into our shooting positions during brief intervals between our shots, since this tends to slow down our overall posing and shooting process.
C. Other photographers should attempt to time their photo shots in such a way that their camera flash does not fire at the same time as our camera flashes are firing. Crucial shots can be easily ruined when flashes from guest’s cameras fire simultaneously with our own.
- Use of images: Floyd Downer Photography reserves exclusive use of images, including reproductions and copyright. Floyd Downer Photography reserves the right to use images for display, publication or other purposes unless otherwise negotiated.
- Copyright Protection: No unauthorized copies may be made of any image, prints or enlargements produced by Floyd Downer Photography. This includes electronic scanning or otherwise copying those prints, both of which represent violations of existing copyright laws.
- Liability for Capture of Specific Images: Photographers representing Floyd Downer Photography will do their best to capture all agreed-upon photos of your event. However, due to limits imposed by time and flow of the schedule on event day, Floyd Downer Photography cannot be held liable for unintentional errors on the part of its photographers.
- Confirmation of Services and Times: As human error is always possible, it is the responsibility of the person who signed the contract to contact Floyd Downer Photography for conformation of event plans and requirements and final payment no later than 72 hours prior to the event.
- Retainers and Final Payments: A retainer to reserve the photographer, date and time is required and is nonrefundable. This retainer is included with the total price of your package and is due at the signing of the contract. If for any reason the event time and date changes after the submittal of the retainer, Floyd Downer Photography will do its best to accommodate those changes; however, any such accommodations are based on the availability of photographers for the new time and date. Any cancellations after the signing of the contract and retainer payment will result in the retainer not being refunded. The balance of the event package (final payment) is due 72 hours prior to the event.
- Refunds: If it is determined that you are entitled to a refund (excluding the retainer), it will be done in a timely manner. You will surrender all images in all forms back to Floyd Downer Photography. All copies of the images will be destoryed. The original images will be kept on file for one year. You will not have any legal right to diaplay, share nor store the images digitally, in print or any other form. All rights will revert back to Floyd Downer Photography.
- All payments will be in the form of Cashiers Check, Money Order, Pre-Approved Personal Check or Cash.
Payable to Floyd Downer
Overview of a photo session with Floyd Downer Photography
Underage Client's: Clients who are under the age of 18 must be escorted by a Parent or Legal Guardian. The escort will remain with the underage client at all times during the photo shoot.
Location of the photo session: To be established later.
I like to shoot outdoors sessions in the early morning or late afternoon to evening. The light is at its best during these times.
I have lighting and backdrop equipment set up in my home office/studio. There are other areas in and around my home that I use for taking photos. There are many areas in the community that can be used for photo shoots.
If I travel to you for the photo shoot, the shoot will be limited to the location you have selected and gained legal access to.
My style of photography: I will take several shots from different positions while the model is in a pose. I will also take candid shots while the model is preparing or being positioned for the next shot. The model is free to use whatever pose she/he would like to use. I may / will ask the model to pose a particular way or adjust their pose. I also incorporate the use of aids / props to enhance the photo session. I think photos should tell a story yet leaving something to the imagination.
I will shoot any genre as long as the model release is signed.
I will not photograph you with Drugs, Guns or Snakes.
You may select any number of genres for the photo session.
I like to complete the photo session in 1-3 hours (depending on locations and types of shots).
MODEL RELEASE AND AUTHORIZATION TO PHOTOGRAPH
FOR VALUABLE CONSIDERATION, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, I hereby grant the undersigned photographer (“Photographer”) the exclusive and irrevocable right and permission, throughout the world, in connection with the images he has taken of me, or in which I may be included with others, the following: (a) the right to use and reuse, in any manner at all, said images, in whole or in part, modified or altered, either by themselves or in conjunction with other images, in any medium or form of distribution, and for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, all promotional and advertising uses, and other trade purposes, as well as using my name in conjunction therewith; and (b) the right to copyright said images in his own name, or in any other name or assignee. I waive any right to the images and the right to inspect or approve any use thereof.
I hereby forever release and discharge photographer and assigns from any and all claims, actions and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of these images, including, without limitation, any and all claims for invasion of privacy and libel. This release shall inure to the benefit of the assigns, licensees and legal representatives of photographer, as well as the party (ties) for whom he took said photographs.
Please initial one:
_____ I represent that I am over the age of eighteen years and that I have read the foregoing and fully and completely understand and agree to the contents herein.
_____ I represent that the model is a minor and that I am the parent or duly authorized representative of the model and that I have read the foregoing and fully and completely understand and agree to the terms herein. I will escort the underage model during the photography session.
___________________________________________ Date: ___________
(Client or Parent’s Signature)
City ____________________________________State _______________